Candle Safety & Tips
Getting the best from your candle
- To get the best from your candle, the first time you light it give yourself 3-4 hours.
- Soy wax has a memory and to get an even burn for the life of your candle it should be burnt long enough for the wax to melt to the edge of the container and create a melt pool (this is where all the oils are released). If you don't allow the candle to burn to the edge it will 'tunnel' down and you won't get all the use out of the wax and it may not be a clean burn.
- Do not burn for longer than 4 hours. Always trim the wick to 5mm between each burn. Always protect the surface the candle sits on.
- When you only have half an inch of lovely wax left at the bottom, it's time to buy a new candle.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Burn candles on an even, heat-resistance surface.
- Keep away from pets and young children.
- Keep away from anything flammable and strong draughts.
- All of our candles have a CLP safety label on the bottom; please don't remove this!
- Do not leave a candle burning whilst asleep - we have diffusers and room sprays for that!